Bucking and jerking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey All,

I'm new to the forum and hope someone could help me. I have recently had truck problems and it started where my truck wouldn't start. So I took to a local mechanic and changed my distributor cap, spark plugs, spark plug wires and 02 sensors.

now it seems when i start my truck in the morning i start to drive and my truck starts to jerk as it wants die for a split second. when i stop at a light the idle is fine but as soon as i start to press the gas it will start to jerk. after 5-10 minutes of driving it will go away (or maybe because im reaching higher speeds). Oh yeah when i first start the truck in the morning and it sits idle before i start to drive i can feel a slight engine shake while idle which then leads to every time i press the gas it jerks.

I'm thinking it is the TPS sensor but would like to get other ideas from you guys.

Thanks

OP
OP
K

Knight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for Responding HolyRamBatman

Well Originally the truck wouldn't start so a distributor cap, plugs and wires were installed. Then this started to happen so the reader said the sensors were not working. Before any of this was done i would feel the jerking on accelerating when it was raining but now it happens just on cold starts.

I think they installed NGK sensors if not then it was Bosch