Building up a 4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
So I am building up another 4.7 to put back into my truck and I need some help from you guys. Can anyone give me some suggestions on cams, headers, intakes and such. I'm using the truck as my daily and it needs to tow a boat every weekend so I'm looking for a little morepower. I'm new to the dodge engines and more familulare with the LS's so any help would be appreciated.

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
there are only shorty headers available. i think gibson has some. as for cams 4.7 Ho cams, or krc 212s. put some gears in it too

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I am building up another 4.7 to put back into my truck and I need some help from you guys. Can anyone give me some suggestions on cams, headers, intakes and such. I'm using the truck as my daily and it needs to tow a boat every weekend so I'm looking for a little morepower. I'm new to the dodge engines and more familulare with the LS's so any help would be appreciated.

Post up in the 3rd strike performance section. Duane should be able to point you in the right direction, then give you an awesome price!

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
HO cames seem to be the most user friendly and easier to dial in. How many miles are on your truck and current engine performance?

OP
OP

02ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
the truck has 276000 km and all i have right now is electric fan, exhaust and a cold air intake