Bullydog - Now supports custom tunes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Source? This would be a first for them which is why I doubt it.

OP
OP
X

xtreme762

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The guys on this mornings Truck Tech. They specifically stated that if you added different things to your vehicle that would require further tuning. That you could take the device to a local tuner for a custom tune. The episode was "Lime Dime: Pro Street Prep", and it was the GT Tuner for the 13, and 14 Rams. He also said in the same sentence "any other vehicle bullydog supports." Which is why I posted in the 3rd Gen forum.

Talking about MOPAR specifically.

Last edited:

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yep just watched the show from a recording I made this morning and Kevin Tetz did mention that. But I have not found the information on the BullyDog WEB site.

I'M not in the market for a tuner at this time but it might be worth contacting them and asking.

ehmcj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It probably has something to do with SCT's purchase of BullyDog. And may also be why SCT is releasing canned Chrysler tunes through their X4 programmer shortly. Before SCT bought BD they didn't offer any support for Mopar stuff (other than supporting custom tuning)

Under SCT's ownership BD has already announced that they are combinng all their gas tuners into one SKU. Their new platinum tuner (40417) will replace the 40415 and the Jeep, Hemi and Toyota tuners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just to bring this back up, I contacted Bullydog about a couple questions I had in regards to the canned tunes working with certain mods and mentioned about custom tunes. This response is quoted "That being said if a custom tune is what you'd like to pursue check back with us after SEMA this year because we hope to be releasing our custom tuning soon after." So we should soon have a choice in custom tunes FINALLY. They do have custom tuning right now apparently but only for semis

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Interesting to see how long it takes tuners to get the software to actually tune the vehicles and how much access they will have to the PCM. I know Diablo is still fighting with the hardware in many areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Day late, dollar short, already went to diablo....