A/C Compressor dead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
6e58c1dcca106794d09e99425f24f1e9.jpg

So I've had this problem for about a solid 3-4 months and wanted to see if any other 2007 Ram Owners have had this issue. At around 65k miles, almost 6-7 yrs ago. I had to have the condenser, fan and orifice tubes replaced along with recharging the truck with R-134. Worked like a charm until A/C stopped blowing cold air a couple months back. I hardly used it during winter, but it's hot as balls out and it needs to be fixed. I Stopped to have the A/C checked at a mechanic shop and they first checked for pressure to see if it was just a matter of adding R-134. Turns out there's pressure coming from the high side which he said should be enough to have it blowing at least some cool air. Next he checked to see if the compressor was functional, tested it and said it wasn't working. No current came from it. Ballparked $400 for new compressor and $200 for labor. Any one able to weigh in and give some advice? Truck has 164k miles on it. Single cab V-6. Is it worth fixing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk