cai which is the best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Of course from just looking at the different units the BFI has the most kool factor.

I got more people who commented on the Vararam than my BFI. Now.......the cool factor for the BFI - actually getting one! :Wedgie:

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Not saying it is the best one but after humming and hawwing and reading alot of threads on CAI's, I've decided to go with the AEM Brute Force in Gun Metal Grey and will purchase it at the same time as a ported Throttle Body. It will not be cheap but I already have the source picked out and these 2 mods will finish off my underhood mods. The overhood mod will be an SRT-10 hood for the heat escape factor.

I do have to say that the Varram was my choice right up until I did the Tow-Hook install so that is the reason i went to Plan B above, so I do agree that that one is a good choice, as for home-brew, well why not! BTW looks good Rocket especially with the toolBox sticker from Summit...Cool!

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
OP build your own make a "custom" one just for your truck and style .
Same thing as the more $$ ones. Here is mine , using the stock air box with a K&N filter .

8-air-intake-001.jpg

fatwombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi what else??
Ram hunter what was the measurements for the PVC and couplings.... I'm going to pick some up today and do the same thing.... I just want to get something exactly like yours....

Last edited:

kay9

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
xxxx
Engine
xxxx
I have an AIRRAM. A eyesore to look and prob' a few steps behind the leading ones on the market but for now i am pretty happy with it.

cwboyjohnny24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a homebrew CAI also. Just used 3" rubber boot for the connection at the TB 2 90's and a length of straight pipe. Also, I dropped mine into the bottom of the stock air box to shield it a little more from water. It gets plenty of fresh air.

cai1.jpg

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
You Third Gens have the home Brew CAI so easy. Just hook to the TB and go. Lucky.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Alot of guys are running cheap Spector intakes for less then 100. I have a k&n 77 series and the wifes 05 has a k&n FIPK kit. Anything will work, RHs setup is also popular, the aftermarket systems ike that are called torque tubes.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
On my 08 Hemi I had an Airaid. Then a BFI, then a Vararam.

Hands down..........the Vararam kicked ass.

wow i didnt expect that from you

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
Nope no powerwire yet, I'll have some time here soon and will get one made up along with a few other things

ryan do you want a home made power wire? let me know and pm me you address ill ship it out.

i got instructions and parts list from weedahoe. i have another resistor in the drawer if you want it. you will have to cut one of your iat wires and install spade connectors for it. but it is totally reversible

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
wow i didnt expect that from you

:killer:

Its hard to push a product like the BFI where there are so many reasons not to.

1. Yes, the performance is GREAT, but the so is the Vararam. End run, 0-35 mph they are neck n neck. After 35, Vararam walks away.

2. Can you even get a BFI. Seriously? Less than 100 were made, the composites were supposed to be out in December 09.

3. Company owner...........nevermind, I am not going to openly smear Lance. I'll just say that I wouldn't run a company the same way. I want to keep customers!

Now, there were 2 things that I really liked about my BFI. First off, the sound. Holy **** it was loud! Got old after a while though. Second - the look! Like havin' a whale **** under the hood. Nice for the wow factor, but the damn thing bounced all over the place, springs jumpin' and whatnot. Nah.

Vararam has its trade offs too. Major thing I hated........it was plastic. Looked nice, but still, PLASTIC. I hated the mount on the pass side. The shack man on DT hooked me up with some SS brackets though. Fixed that problem! I didn't really like dryer hose in the engine bay..........but what else would you replace it with? Not too many options there.

On the market though, those were the 2 best. But, only way to get a BFI now is in the classifieds. Especially if you want one made of steel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956