Calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedAZHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys im new around here and would really appreciate it if i could get some quick help. Well i have a 2004 ram 1500 ST quad cab thats RWD with the 5.7 hemi, pretty much a stock truck but since im going to be rebuilding the front end id like to get bigger calipers up there. I want to go with the 2005 srt 10 calipers but i also want to switch the knuckles. So the question is can i use the 2005 regual cab knuckles on my quad cab if so would i be able to use my stock springs and put a leveling kit on it? Please let me know because i found a pair of regual cab knuckles for $40 a piece and if i can use them ill pick them up asap.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Yes you can use the knuckles and it's the only way to swap to the SRT10 calipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
It has to be the srt knuckles though I believe not the ST knuckles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RedAZHemi

RedAZHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can get the srt knuckles but they are for a regular cab while i have a quad cab truck so do you think they would still work? What about for springs and a level, would my oe spring with the srt knuckle and a level work?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I can get the srt knuckles but they are for a regular cab while i have a quad cab truck so do you think they would still work? What about for springs and a level, would my oe spring with the srt knuckle and a level work?

They will work but IIRC the reg cab knuckles are 1" shorter than the quad cab knuckles which will lower the front end. You can put a front level and it'll be the same height as before but you will be changing the suspension geometry. I would try and pick up the quad cab knuckles if you want to stay the same height as it will keep the factory geometry but the RC knuckles are a great price.

OP
OP
RedAZHemi

RedAZHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Okay sounds good, have any of you guys found any qc knuckles for sale? The only ones i seem to find is rc.

OP
OP
RedAZHemi

RedAZHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If not ill probably try to go with the rc and see if i can make somthing work cause they are the only ones iv found in weeks.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
I tried using the search tool on this forum, I see now why nobody uses it. Please excuse my ignorance. Why does one want to use srt calipers? Are they larger? I assume that must go along with larger rotors, right? If this is correct is that the only available upgrade? No after market front brake upgrades at all?

OP
OP
RedAZHemi

RedAZHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a few more questions guys
1. If i use the 05 calipers will they fit my oe 04 knuckles?
2. If i do happen to find qc knuckles will i need to change the any other components ie. ( ballpoints, lower controlarms) or can i still use the the ones for my 04 ST?
3. Can i just use my oe springs with the srt knuckles or can i use qc srt springs?

OP
OP
RedAZHemi

RedAZHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 05 srt calipers are 4 piston and is a good upgrade for big break upgrades unless you want to buy $4-$5k brembos or wilwoods.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
There's also the SSBC brakes which are only $1400 and a decent upgrade over stock. I've run the 3- and 4- piston SSBC calipers and both are good upgrades. If you want major stopping power then you can do the hydroboost upgrade from a diesel instead for a lot less.

OP
OP
RedAZHemi

RedAZHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The thing is im kind of on a budget being as it is my truck just to get to work and back and hauls trailers. If stick with the oe setup but i drive on really windy roads with nothing but semi trucks and tourists. Theres been many times where iv had to litteraly slam on my breaks just to stop because a semi broke down right around a turn (btw its all a one lane road undergoing heavy construction to make it two lanes, horrible road messes up your tires.). So i think if i can find the callipers and and knuckles for cheap i should have a good setup