Caltracs Finally Installed... well kinda

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I need the longer rods first, then I'll be able to adjust them. They wouldn't reach zero (roll pin sitting on spring) without uscrewing the rod completely from the end links. I definately like the fact that the bar is reverse threaded though! Pretty kick-ass!!!

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
need to adjust those *******

Agreed, I did mine on a roll on lift that made it easy. Don't try it with the load off the wheels. Mine will clack occassionally, but not often.

onebadbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
for the best track results you want to make the drivers side tighter and the passenger side higher because the twist of thte truck

second you want to be in the drivers seat and make sure you adjust them with your track set up

difference in tire height plays a roll

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
I don't know if you guys tried this but i took 3/4" think hose, cut it to the length of the pin that sits on the leaf, put it around the pin so that it doesn't make any noise when it's not preloaded..

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
i think he means that when preloading, sit in the drivers seat while someone else preloads the bars, making the drivers side tighter then passenger side...

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
By clack I meant the sound of them loading or unloading on the spring. It only happens on my driveway which is a little rough and a 1/4 mile long. It really doesn't happen very often. I adjusted mine like I said on a roll-on lift and did set the driverside a touch tighter than the passenger side. I adjusted both to where they were loose, bounced the truck a little and then turned them to where the front bracket just touched the spring and then maybe another 1/8th of a turn and locked the nuts. They have only a slight pre-load. There maybe better ways of doing it but that's how I did mine.

Edit: I don't undo mine when I lift the truck, if there is pressure on them it is very little.

Last edited: