catch can on 2007 5.7 hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
When I deleted my EGR I just traced the shape of the EGR mount onto a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate. Fabbed and drilled my own, and reused the EGR-to-head seal. Then cut my EGR tube off about 2" out from the intake manifold and capped it with a ½" PCV plumbing cap from any hardware store. The $0.98 EGR delete.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
When I deleted my EGR I just traced the shape of the EGR mount onto a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate. Fabbed and drilled my own, and reused the EGR-to-head seal. Then cut my EGR tube off about 2" out from the intake manifold and capped it with a ½" PCV plumbing cap from any hardware store. The $0.98 EGR delete.

Sounds like a good plan, I will have to give that mod a try.:pepper: Thanks.:waytogo:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I'll just leave this here... lol

Billet Technology EGR Block Off Plate (for 5.7L Hemi's only)

I firmly believe in form and function, it'd kill me to have a visible piece of tubing capped in the engine bay, but I realize that's just me. Now, if you have an emissions visual inspection they will notice a capped piece of tubing, but they tend not to notice something that is barely noticable like the plug on the manifold.

Last edited:

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'll just leave this here... lol

Billet Technology EGR Block Off Plate (for 5.7L Hemi's only)

I firmly believe in form and function, it'd kill me to have a visible piece of tubing capped in the engine bay, but I realize that's just me. Now, if you have an emissions visual inspection they will notice a capped piece of tubing, but they tend not to notice something that is barely noticable like the plug on the manifold.

I went to the link you posted, I discovered it requires a Diablo tuner to turn off the EGR function, or you get a check engine light. Is there any other way to disable the EGR system, so the check engine light stays off? Anyone????

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The big problem is once the EGR is deleted it will throw a code and now it can only be turned off by a CMR and a custom tune unless you have a DS predator with 9r11 or earlier software, a newer programmer won't be able to delete the EGR on its own.

I went to the link you posted, I discovered it requires a Diablo tuner to turn off the EGR function, or you get a check engine light. Is there any other way to disable the EGR system, so the check engine light stays off? Anyone????

Unless you're friendly with someone with a star scan who knows how to disable the EGR system like on the 2500s then the only way is with a custom tune or older predator like I mentioned above.

Kevinhamblin28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You need to seal off the oem pcv valve with rtf then drill out the passenger side valve cover and install an external pcv valve, the one from a 4.8L vortech will work. Once that's done, install catch can and hoses.

I know this thread is old but I need some info
Do you have a part number for the pcv valve? Wanting to run a catch can on my 08 hemi but can't find a definitive answer on what pcv I'll need for the passenger valve cover. Any info will help thanks.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01