ceramic brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Does anyone run ceramic on the truck?

What have you don't to make them work "properly"?

Do they require a special rotor?

I'm sick and tired of my semi metallic because I keep getting pits in my rims and because my dad had ceramics on The truck and it happened to get into an accident and because of this he doesn't want me putting them back on my truck... seriously?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't ceramics be almost the same as the semi metallic?

Thanks guys...

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
At first i was excited when i seen the title thought you wanted to put 2 piece ceramic rotors and like 6 piston brembos on your truck but no...

Anyways at least at napa, only their prostop line (cheapest) is semi metallic. Premium and ultra premium are "ceramic formulation" and adaptive1 is semi metallic inner pad and ceramic outer pad for a low dust high resistance to fade
So ceramic brake pads are a very common part and found on all sorts of vehicles, you have absolutlely nothing to worry about.
Buy a quality set of the pads of your choice and put them on freshly turned or new rotors and enjoy!

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Honestly I would love to through on a set of brembo or stop techs but I don't have the money! Maybe in the future thanks for the info man I appreciate it

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ceramic pads will not do a thing for your truck. A good set of semi-metallic is the best way to go. Ceramics are designed for racing and will not hold up under the stress of the weight of a truck. Not too mention they will fade big time due to their inability to shed heat properly with the standard rotors. No-one recommends ceramics for trucks especially ones that do any amount of towing or hauling.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have ran ceramic on my Durango only towed a boat mostly but it was great no more wheel nasty dust and I never had an issue. I am still on original pads on my truck now so when they die think I'll buy OEM as they have been a awesome.

$miley