Coolant leak?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tteal235

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just recently replaced my rad. Now I'm seeing coolant on the ground again. It's coming from the engine just behind where the whole belt assembly is. I'm Hoping it's just a seal on the water pump? Got some pics. Anyone had this issue recently or in the past to help me pinpoint it before I rip this sucker apart?

Attachments

• IMG_3228.jpg
    IMG_3228.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3233.jpg
    IMG_3233.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3231.jpg
    IMG_3231.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 27

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I few months back I had a coolant leak. The thermostat housing was leaking. Replaced housing, no leak

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes, my thermostat is in the same spot

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Coolant Leak

This will help if you know anyone who has a pressure cap tester they can put a test on your engine and you will find your leak.But make sure the engine is cold make sure they don't go overboard pumping you cooling system up you may have one leak and fine two.

Last edited:

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
So I just recently replaced my rad. Now I'm seeing coolant on the ground again. It's coming from the engine just behind where the whole belt assembly is. I'm Hoping it's just a seal on the water pump? Got some pics. Anyone had this issue recently or in the past to help me pinpoint it before I rip this sucker apart?

Clean the area up and look for where it's dripping, if it's directly under the water pump it's the the water pump. That's where mine was and someone on this forum told me to go ahead and replace the the water pump instead of just the gasket since you have to take it off anyways and since you need your coolant drained change the thermostat gasket too just to make sure that you got the leak taken care of