could use the input on performance parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nathanfoubert14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guys new to this site so far really awsome anyways ill get to the chase i just bought an 07 2500 5.9 automatic all stock my question is what is the best combination on performance parts for this truck etc chips air intake and exhaust thanks for the help and input

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Your truck comes stock with a 4" exhaust, if your looking for more tone and a little bit more flow you could do a muffler delete and cat delete or replace it entirely
I saw a .5 mpg average increase with a CAI
For tuning I would recommend EFI live, h&s performance or smarty (smarty being probably your easiest route)

If you start running 100hp over stock your going to need tens mission upgrades to support it

Last edited:

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Also check out our Cummins section, lots of good info there

OP
OP
N

nathanfoubert14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks chris and will do going to pick it up this weekend so stoked lol

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Your truck comes stock with a 4" exhaust, if your looking for more tone and a little bit more flow you could do a muffler delete and cat delete or replace it entirely
I saw a .5 mpg average increase with a CAI
For tuning I would recommend EFI live, h&s performance or smarty (smarty being probably your easiest route)

If you start running 100hp over stock your going to need tens mission upgrades to support it

This.
I have the H&S Mini Maxx and like it a lot. The good thing about it is that it has built in digital gauges, reads/clears codes, offers a nice bump in power (im running 175 HD) and if you have an automatic you can get their trans tuning to help prolong the life of your tranny.

EFI live is probably the best out there right now because the tuning is tailored to your truck and what you want out of it. It will be a safer more efficient tune, but you will still need gauges.
Welcome to the board.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
This.
I have the H&S Mini Maxx and like it a lot. The good thing about it is that it has built in digital gauges, reads/clears codes, offers a nice bump in power (im running 175 HD) and if you have an automatic you can get their trans tuning to help prolong the life of your tranny.

I put a mini maxx in my girlfriends dads 09 6.7 and am running a bullydog GT in her 05 5.9, they use the same display modules but I like the mini maxx much better so far!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Diablo is great for the gas trucks, but their diesel tuning is lacking. I would stick to H&S, smarty, or the Bullydog tuners. They will give much better gains for your diesel truck. As for the intake, take a look at the S&B kit. It is as nice as it gets for the your 5.9

S&B Cold Air Intake 03-07 5.9L Cummins w/ Cleanable Oiled Filter

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I put a mini maxx in my girlfriends dads 09 6.7 and am running a bullydog GT in her 05 5.9, they use the same display modules but I like the mini maxx much better so far!

What setting is he running on?
I wish that they had more mounting solutions for the MM/Bullydog other than the suction cup mount. I haven't yet, but I think that ill be biting the bullet and getting the overhead mount that goes above the mirror soon. I don't like having the MM in the corner of my window where some jack wagon can see it thinking that its a GPS of some sort and steaing it. Esp with whats happening with the EPA.

OP
OP
N

nathanfoubert14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for all the input helping me out allot just bought an afe stage 2 cold air now going for an exhaust then chip

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
What setting is he running on?
I wish that they had more mounting solutions for the MM/Bullydog other than the suction cup mount. I haven't yet, but I think that ill be biting the bullet and getting the overhead mount that goes above the mirror soon. I don't like having the MM in the corner of my window where some jack wagon can see it thinking that its a GPS of some sort and steaing it. Esp with whats happening with the EPA.
Usually just mild but occasionally it gets turned up to hot, he had a dual disc installed so it's a lot of fun
I dont trust the stock fuel system enough to run it on hot all the time
I do agree about the mounting spots, I wouldnt mind where it's at if there was a more secure way of mounting it, even the pillar mount isn't very theft proof by any means

Last edited:

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Usually just mild but occasionally it gets turned up to hot, he had a dual disc installed so it's a lot of fun
I dont trust the stock fuel system enough to run it on hot all the time
I do agree about the mounting spots, I wouldnt mind where it's at if there was a more secure way of mounting it, even the pillar mount isn't very theft proof by any means

Pick up a fuel rail shim and install that. It took me about 20 min to put mine in and solved my fuel problem (dropping of rail pressure under WOT).
I run Hot all the time and love it.
I think that I am going to order myself an overhead mount to relocate mine, I'm tired of stressing about having it out in the open when I park my truck.
Early xmas gift to myself.