Ditching the FM 50HD, input needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaJoie272

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the Flowmaster 50HD series installed back in feb and I've finally decided I want it cut out and replaced with a more raspy, sharp sounding muffler as apposed to this 50HD that sounds too hummish/smooth. It's just making obnoxious noise that doesn't sound like roudy classic muscle (at least to my ears). I am wanting a more raspy/rough sound so do I need to look at the MF straight through designed mufflers? Any input is appreciated, thanks guys.

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
yup...I feel the same way when I got rid of my flow 50...when you get on it, it just makes a hollowish sound that only a Flow can make. I wanted muscular so i went with a 5 x 11 x 22" magnaflow. I didn't necessarily want loud, i wanted a muscular tone. If i wanted loud i just flipped open the cutouts and it is crazzy loud! But you want to look for a straight thru design, like Borla, Magnaflow or Spintech...

th_cutouts2_zps7a895401.jpg

OP
OP
LaJoie272

LaJoie272

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After hours of watching/listening to sound clips of all the different brands, the Corsa system ***** on everything. It has a mean loping growl just at idle, seems calm through your normal rpms, but then screams past 4k rpms. Only problem is I can't find anywhere that will sell me JUST the muffler... Everyone wants to sell you the full kit. Any ideas?

OP
OP
LaJoie272

LaJoie272

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually listened to a spintech pro street 9000 sound clip and it sounded much like the corsa... Found one for 90 bucks that will fit the piping I've already got under there. Gonna get that ordered and then after installation maybe debate removing the stock resonators.