E-Fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Well, at least you now know the day your eFan will fail. That will be the day you take the OEM fan out of the truck and leave it at home...... lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, at least you now know the day your eFan will fail. That will be the day you take the OEM fan out of the truck and leave it at home...... lol

Lol, that is probably exactly right. That is why I have been carrying that thing around for about two years now.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
I'm thinking about a little mod with my eFan. I don't always know when the eFan comes on and I would like to know. So I'm thinking of installing a small LED, say green on my gage post. My question is can I treat the LED the same as a standard 12v bulb? Obviously I don't know anything about LED lights. Thanks

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking about a little mod with my eFan. I don't always know when the eFan comes on and I would like to know. So I'm thinking of installing a small LED, say green on my gage post. My question is can I treat the LED the same as a standard 12v bulb? Obviously I don't know anything about LED lights. Thanks

you will need to find out what voltage the led runs at, then wire in resistors (if needed) to bring the 12v down to whatever voltage you need for that particular led. there are plenty of calculators online to help you find the correct value resistors, and will show you how to wire them up correctly.

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
i have the flexalite black magic extreme 180. i donnt think it was that great of a mod. my truck never got hot with the clutch fan. never seen any mpg improvement. and never felt any hp improvement on the butt dyno. the only thing i remember (have had the fan fo awhile now) was it seemed like it might have revved up a little quicker. and it seems to make to much noise. if i had to do it over again, i wouldnt.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
you will need to find out what voltage the led runs at, then wire in resistors (if needed) to bring the 12v down to whatever voltage you need for that particular led. there are plenty of calculators online to help you find the correct value resistors, and will show you how to wire them up correctly.

Stopped by Radio Shack, they have some small LED's in different colors that operate on 12VDC. Don't have to do anything but wire it up. Less than $3 ea.

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have a sable fan. 25$ at pick and pull, then got a thermostatic fan controller at autozone for around 15$. work likes a charm, maybe a lil harder to dial in since theres no read out just a knob that you adjust to make it come on when you want it. i wired in a relay for the fan and i was done. although i havent seen change in mpgs or butt dyno, as stated above it does rev faster. the best thing about it is, is that i made both leads(high/low) into quick connects so when im towin or wheelin i just reach under the hood and swap wires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963