Eagle Head Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigdaddycodes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, just curious as to who has all done the eagle head swap onto the early hemi. My friend has an 04 and we are looking at doing it to his. Basically im just trying to figure out what all im going to need and what possible issues I might face along the way.

My biggest issue I can forsee is the combustion chamber in the eagle head is smaller and therefore will increase compression, if my calculations are correct, itll be around a 12.1:1,

any help or tips would be greatly appreciated

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I used a double thick Cometic gasket to drop the compression to a more reasonable 11:1. The intake and exhaust ports are different shapes but either a set of headers from an '09+ or trying to port match the existing headers is needed, you'll also want to change the intake manifold; it's not a must but the port mismatch is pretty bad. I've heard of some people using an adapter plate but that was typically used for the pre-Eagle heads to a 6.1L manifold but they flipped them so I don't know how well they aligned. I dropped a 6.1L manifold onto mine so I just needed the accessory spreader bracket.