Ebay exhaust kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone ever buy one? Found a magna flow and flowmaster kit, both about $250. Single in dual out, anyone ever buy one? Looking for praise or complaints.

Last edited:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Anyone ever buy one? Found a magna flow and flowmaster kit, both about $250. Single in dual out, anyone ever buy one? Looking for praise or complaints.

Never bought a kit, but they're both good brands. Don't know if they're knock off's though, those kits usually run $600+.

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Am I right in thinking that the dual exhaust gets in the way of the factory spare tire location? No big deal, just curious.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never bought a kit, but they're both good brands. Don't know if they're knock off's though, those kits usually run $600+.

You are correct. The real kits go for more than that even. This is someone adding their own tubing and tips to a simple, universal, $70 branded muffler.

Also note that it says stainless/aluminized. That means a stainless muffler and tips. And $30 sticks of tube.

This system would rot off in about 2 winters in ohio.

I got 6 years out of my REAL magnaflow, and its a mild stainless....not aluminized steel

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those kits are basically a 3rd party company that took a universal muffler and added pre bent tube to it. I'm sure it works fine but I would expect some possible fitment issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Noted. Maybe I'll just get a good magnaflow muffler in place of my stock one.

bubbagumpshrimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yup. Do that instead. Find a muffler shop in your area that's a Magnaflow or Flowmaster dealer and they'll set you up.

I did that years ago for Magnaflow (on an Camaro) and Flowmaster (for a Mustang). I was happy with the result in both cases. I got the sound I wanted and wasn't out much money.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi

No interest in the new, complete magnaflow catback I have in the sale section I assume? Its direct fit. Put it on in your driveway....and real stainless

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Didn't see it. I'll check it out.

Got 6 years out of my first magnaflow and a hangar broke. They sent me a warranty system (which was of course on backorder) in ohio winters and the acid they use on the road , that's getting your moneys worth. The local exhaust shop racked me $700 to run true duals (as I awaited the month long backorder from magnaflow) so now I have a brand new magnaflow in a box... if it would have came quickly, it would be on my truck for sure.

Aluminized steel is only acceptable on zero salt, beautiful climates. I see your down south so u may be ok

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The only problem with the kits is the tips look boring, I'd go to a good exhaust shop for not much more money and personalize the look a little more.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got 6 years out of my first magnaflow and a hangar broke. They sent me a warranty system (which was of course on backorder) in ohio winters and the acid they use on the road , that's getting your moneys worth. The local exhaust shop racked me $700 to run true duals (as I awaited the month long backorder from magnaflow) so now I have a brand new magnaflow in a box... if it would have came quickly, it would be on my truck for sure.

Aluminized steel is only acceptable on zero salt, beautiful climates. I see your down south so u may be ok

Maybe I'll give it a try then

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe I'll give it a try then

thanks for the bump on the sale ad....someone, someday...will want to pay $200 less than retail for my brand new system i haven't even opened the box on. lol