efan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
efans seem to be a big topic on here lately..
are they worth getting? and are they hard to install? iv never thought about putting one on the hemi. my friend just put one on his camaro and it never crossed my mind lol

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Should be to hard I have put them on other trucks but gonna install one on my dodge coming up. Mines going on because of the ability to cool the truck inbetween runs.

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
will there be any performance increase or nah?

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
It doesn't increase performance or hp, just frees up a lite by getting rid of the parasitic drag from the stock fan clutch

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Also gives a small gain in the mpg catagory as well. Mine will be ordered shortly

RamTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dakota SXT
Engine
3.7L
The performance increase by losing a bit of parasitic drag will be negligible and cooling efficiency can be decreased if the fan used isn't up to par with the engine driven fan. Consider that you have a 345 HP fan motor right now. If you go to an electric only, you have a 1/4 HP or so fan motor.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey ken, need a spanner wrench. I got my monstrosity I made when I did mine sitting around...... I think didn't see it when I was cleaning but if you want it I will look again lol

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The performance increase by losing a bit of parasitic drag will be negligible and cooling efficiency can be decreased if the fan used isn't up to par with the engine driven fan. Consider that you have a 345 HP fan motor right now. If you go to an electric only, you have a 1/4 HP or so fan motor.

With out rehashing the debate, I agree with this.

I started out with a mark viii/taurus fan and couldn't really tell if there was any difference. Than I upgraded to a viper fan. It definately cooled better at idle. I did not notice a performance increase with either fan and any mpg gain was negligible at best. I ended up going back to the stock clutch fan in keeping with the K.I.S.S principle.

Of course, I don't have a race truck. I don't do WOT runs at the track to notice that kind of difference.

RamTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dakota SXT
Engine
3.7L
I speak from personal experience although it wasn't on a Ram and had hard data from timeslips at the drag strip to back up my findings. What did make a difference was switching to an electric water pump drive. I picked up .15 seconds in the 1/4 mile. An electric fan is a great way to add some additional cooling if it's needed to supplement the clutch fan.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the looks and questions lol. Friends dad did the confused dog head thing the other night. It was comical

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Tyler thanks for the offer for the tool. I have taken mine off a few times for the cams being changed around and what not but think im gonna do something alill diff with my setup. Can anyone say doubling up?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963