EGR valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Two nights ago my CEL came on for a p0404 code. I believe that was the code. I know for sure it pointed to the egr valve. Decided to just replace it but yesterday the CEL went away and hasn't came back. Should i still replace the egr valve or is it fine.

jeffstoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Two nights ago my CEL came on for a p0404 code. I believe that was the code. I know for sure it pointed to the egr valve. Decided to just replace it but yesterday the CEL went away and hasn't came back. Should i still replace the egr valve or is it fine.
I previously replaced an egr valve a few years ago. Several weeks ago the error came back for a while and then. disappeared. It recirculates dirty exhaust fumes to the intake manifold to be reburned. The computer opens and closes it but it can get so gummed up that that it sticks. You can take it out and clean it, replace it or see if it comes unstuck. I find that if I drive the truck a lot it tends to stay free but if I only use it occassionally it sticks. No proof. If you clean it, keep the cleaner out of the solenoid.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Vytasb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
You could take it out and clean it. I've done that on the Magnum with success. It may be blocked up.

jeffstoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You could take it out and clean it. I've done that on the Magnum with success. It may be blocked up.
The light is back on. I either clean or replace.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had that code, checked my EGR, it was in need of replacing. Do not have that code anymore and the truck response way night and day difference. Now I'm having other issues that may/may not be related.