Engine issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004hemifever

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys new to the forum.

I just had a question about a coolant problem I am currently having with my hemi. The truck has been rebuilt a total of 4 times already, long story short the last three have been under warranty.

But i am currently losing coolant at first could not figure out where it was going then my truck started missing and through a cylinder 5 misfire. and would hard start after sitting overnight.

I have done a compression check and appears to match other cylinders. pressure test cooling system (cold and running there was no fluctuation in pressure while running), and then the pressure slowly bled off.

The truck does have performance mods, (cam, milled and ported/polished heads, and custom exhaust)

My question is does anyone have thoughts about what could be causing this issue?

Thanks for any help.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF.

Hopefully someone will chime in shortly for ya.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Who milled, ported and polished your heads? Buddy or machine shop?
I'm thinking you're losing coolant into #5--but I'm just an opinionated dude on a forum.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
When you said tested the system did you do the whole thing or just the rad? I had a seam issue in my 04 rad a few years back where it would weep it away. The pressue check did not do the overflow, could be a failure in that, I had to replace mine awhile back. The #5 misfire could be a few diff things, injector failing, coil pack dying, plugs hurt, piston ringland chipped and hurt the plugs.

I feel your pain on rebuilding your 04 motor, done mine a few times to but its been fun. Stock was not fun, cam and extras make it better.