Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dylanstefanos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l V8 287ci
i wanna do some sort of exhuast on my 95 QC 4.7. i just dont know what. do i need a full kit? or just muffler? i wanna dump it right after the cab. i want it to be real loud, aggresive. my buddy had a 00 ram 1500 V6 with a flowmaster 40s i think. an it was ****ing loud. i dont know alot bout exhaust.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Cut the muffler off and dump it. It'll be plenty loud. Sell the radio and maybe bring a note pad and pencil if you want to pass any information to your passenger. As you might be able to tell, this is not my cup of tea. Plus your'll make some new friends, they will have badges. Good luck

RAMdriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just replaced my stock muffler with a 40 series flomaster. Its loud enough to sound amazing but not too loud as to **** anybody off.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Actually selecting the muffler takes a little reseach. Mufflers use different technolgies to reduce sound. Some are more restrictive than others. For performance a straight through type is perfered. For noise generally the smaller the louder. But note baffle types often hurt performance even over the OEM muffler. Louder doesn't always translate to more power.

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
i had the baffles break inside my muffler on my 5.9 and just cut it off the truck. now running straight pipes and its annoyingly loud! cant wait to get me new magnaflow!

so right now its a cat to a straight pipe, stops under the cab.. if you want loud, this will be the cheapest route. then go get your self a cherrry bomb glasspack, get it really really hot, and then take it to the carwash and hit it with a blast of cold water! this should be the sound your looking for. or just buy a set of purple hornies ...

Torque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so right now its a cat to a straight pipe, stops under the cab.. if you want loud, this will be the cheapest route. then go get your self a cherrry bomb glasspack, get it really really hot, and then take it to the carwash and hit it with a blast of cold water! this should be the sound your looking for. or just buy a set of purple hornies ...

LOL that brings back some memories. I had a couple friends that did that back in highschool with some thrush glasspacks. It was wild hearing the tone and volume change over the course of 30 minutes of driving after doing that. I never did care for the poppy sound of glasspacks though.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Oh, back in the day, Smitty's and later Thrush mufflers were what it was all about. There was a lot of primered rides running around sporting the woodpecker. Steel pack/glass packs. spark plugs in the exhaust pipes. Man, my old Packard straight 8 could do one hundred miles per hour.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
i had the baffles break inside my muffler on my 5.9 and just cut it off the truck. now running straight pipes and its annoyingly loud! cant wait to get me new magnaflow!

I also have the 5.9 and want a magnaflow but I'm not sure what to get. Which muffler are you getting?

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
My 5.9 doesn't have a muffler. Sounds awesome loud and proud and you can still carry on a conversation in the cab.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have the cherry bomb extreme and love it nice and loud when you rev it or step on it but at cruising speeds not noticable.