Exhaust questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just recently bought a 03 ram 1500 5.7l hemi, and was wondering what it roughly would cost to get different and better sounding exhaust. (just have the stock exhaust currently.) Not sure what i really like but something that isnt super loud but still sounds great, i know it is pretty vague but any help would appreciated. THanks

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Many variables there... It just depends on what you want. Duals out the back, out the side, in front of the wheel(s)???

Stainless or aluminized steel?

An 18 or 24" Magnaflow will give you great flow with none of the blappy sound and have minimal drone.

I'd guess 300-500 bucks max.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd personally stick with a 3" Single Catback.
The material used will dictate the price point considerably.
Aluminized Steel will be cheaper, I'm sure they salt the roads plenty there, so SS might be a worthy upgrade.

Like Chewy said $500 max is a fairly good price point.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same truck. All I did was have the shop weld in a muffler in stock location. I think the whole thing cost me 200 bucks. And i think a stainless Magnaflow 18" will be the best for you.
Also buy the muffler before you go to the shop. They'll charge less if you bring your own. Check out Bully's Performance for the mufflers, they'll get you set up.