Exhaust Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mega Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi everyone. I was just reading some of the threads about more horsepower and so on. You guys really know your stuff.

I have a few questions regarding my exhaust. I kinda backed into a snow bank yesterday and bent my drivers side pipe. Too much Fukken snow.

I have a flowmaster exhaust that came with the truck. Single pipe in, dual pipe out. And I was thinking about doing a dual muffler exhaust, would that give more HP, improve or not the MPG's?

I am waiting until Spring to fix it. Just doing some info research first to see if it is really worth the extra money.

Mega Mike

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dual muffler would flow better, but I don't think you would have any notable increase in MPG. Nice truck btw :)

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
true duals would deff flow better. And any time you free up the way a engine breathes you will increase the mileage. However, with the wonderful sound of true duals when you romp on it, i doubt you notice a......increase in mileage :)

Sharp Charge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
True duals should flow better, depending on how you run it, an X pipe might help with exhaust scavenging and increase MPG. I'm not yet real familiar with the underside of the Ram and if that's even feasable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam