Exhaust setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clabudie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys i have 2004 dodge ram 1500 hemi. I want to get the at3030 on it and i know if i do 2 at3030s i will lose torque. Can I do a Y pipe from the outside and have dual tips going to the back bumper and not lose torque or power???

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
I'm confused as to why you think you will lose low end torque running 2 at3030's.

And I'm a little confused about how you want it set up. If you run a y pipe you will have no need for 2 mufflers. If you run an h or an x pipe than you can get both mufflers installed and have the dual tips out the back bumper. Any of these options will be fine with no loss of low end torque.

StaLL1oN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 Quad cab SLT 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only way I've heard or seen low end loss is running a true duel setup with 3" pipe and no cats or res.

OP
OP
clabudie

clabudie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm confused as to why you think you will lose low end torque running 2 at3030's.

And I'm a little confused about how you want it set up. If you run a y pipe you will have no need for 2 mufflers. If you run an h or an x pipe than you can get both mufflers installed and have the dual tips out the back bumper. Any of these options will be fine with no loss of low end torque.
Well i talked to a aero exhaust representative and many people on this forum told me the same. I will lose back pressure causing low end torque loss. I want two tips out the back. I want to make a custom cat back set up. All stainless with stainless tips. How would you sset it up?

OP
OP
clabudie

clabudie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only way I've heard or seen low end loss is running a true duel setup with 3" pipe and no cats or res.
An aero exhaust representative told me i would lose low end torque along with other people on the forum if i run 2 at3030s.

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
Well i talked to a aero exhaust representative and many people on this forum told me the same. I will lose back pressure causing low end torque loss. I want two tips out the back. I want to make a custom cat back set up. All stainless with stainless tips. How would you sset it up?

I think you've got a couple options.

1. You could run a y pipe (get a new one from magnaflow the stock one is restrictive) into a single in/ dual out muffler and then run the rest of the piping from the muffler out to dual tips in the back. This will mean you only need 1 at3030.

2. You could run an x or h pipe and then attach a single in/ single out muffler on either side (wherever you want) after the crossover. Then run from the muffler out the back for the duals. This will require 2 mufflers.

I don't think you'll be losing low end with either setup unless you go with piping that is too big. If you have no other mods on the truck and don't plan on doing anything else I would go with either 2 1/4" piping or 2 1/2" piping. If you plan on adding more to the truck (longtubes for example) I'd go with 2 1/2" to 3" piping but no bigger.

I can't say which setup will be louder or not s someone else may have to comment on that but I think those are your 2 best options. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
clabudie

clabudie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think you've got a couple options.

1. You could run a y pipe (get a new one from magnaflow the stock one is restrictive) into a single in/ dual out muffler and then run the rest of the piping from the muffler out to dual tips in the back. This will mean you only need 1 at3030.

2. You could run an x or h pipe and then attach a single in/ single out muffler on either side (wherever you want) after the crossover. Then run from the muffler out the back for the duals. This will require 2 mufflers.

I don't think you'll be losing low end with either setup unless you go with piping that is too big. If you have no other mods on the truck and don't plan on doing anything else I would go with either 2 1/4" piping or 2 1/2" piping. If you plan on adding more to the truck (longtubes for example) I'd go with 2 1/2" to 3" piping but no bigger.

I can't say which setup will be louder or not s someone else may have to comment on that but I think those are your 2 best options. Just my opinion.
Thanks for your advice. Ill do single muffler. So the 1st option with 2 1/2 piping!

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^big choke point!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio