Fan belt squeaks when going thru water ram1500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baddad212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Every time it floods out here and I go thru rivers and stuff my fan belts will squeaks for a good month or so before it finally stops? Any clues guys. 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 4.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G160

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi turbo 5.7 Diablo tuned
I dont know why it linked me to this forum, its your alternator power steering belt, its very easy to change just you tube it and change it, my 6 year old son can do it,buy a new tensioner parts are dirt cheap but i prefer getting quality rockautoparts.com plenty of space to work on. You have the hemi or the v6?

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Baddad212

Baddad212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont know why it linked me to this forum, its your alternator power steering belt, its very easy to change just you tube it and change it, my 6 year old son can do it,buy a new tensioner parts are dirt cheap but i prefer getting quality rockautoparts.com plenty of space to work on. You have the hemi or the v6?

V6. Alright I need to diagnose it and find out which one it is.

G160

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi turbo 5.7 Diablo tuned
V6. Alright I need to diagnose it and find out which one it is.

Its your tensioner or belt...but if you feel like working do this, throw water on the serpentine belt and go inside the car turn the wheel...does it squeal???
Throw more water and turn your lights and electonics on does it squeal?? If yes change your serpentine belt and tensioner 25 minutes work max ill do it in 15

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I go thru rivers and stuff my fan belts will squeaks...

Any clues guys.
Ummm, it squeaks because you have a truck, not a boat. They aren't meant to go fording through water high enough to effect your belts and pulleys. The squeak is an indication that something is wrong and you shouldn't constantly repeat that issue...

OP
OP
Baddad212

Baddad212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ummm, it squeaks because you have a truck, not a boat. They aren't meant to go fording through water high enough to effect your belts and pulleys. The squeak is an indication that something is wrong and you shouldn't constantly repeat that issue...

Well it definitely wasn't by choice is was the ****** streets of Las Vegas that were flooded.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
If you do have to drive through water that is within reason, go very, very slow, like idling with your foot on the brakes. If not the force of the water will push it up into the engine compartment and if the air intake sucks up enough you are in for a bad day. Not to mention submersing lots of wiring and sensors.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
The serpentine belt slips it sometimes stretches the belt but also check your pulleys on your tensioner one of the pulleys could be going bad.I just replaced my belt and the pulleys on the tensioner one of my pulley was starting to make noises when you ran everything like ac and such.I hope this helps Drive Safe And May God Bless.

OP
OP
Baddad212

Baddad212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The serpentine belt slips it sometimes stretches the belt but also check your pulleys on your tensioner one of the pulleys could be going bad.I just replaced my belt and the pulleys on the tensioner one of my pulley was starting to make noises when you ran everything like ac and such.I hope this helps Drive Safe And May God Bless.

Yea fortunately it stopped screeching. So I think right now I'll be okay.