Flowmaster Super 40 vs Super 44

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Currently have the Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust kit (single in, dual out - dual rear exit) on my 2008 5.7. It has the 50 Series HD muffler. I am looking for something a little louder/more aggressive, but I don't want a crazy amount of drone. I've found crazy amounts of mixed reviews about the Super 40 vs the Super 44. Anybody able to break down the difference? Thanks!

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I have a pair of http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=11173 on my truck. Idle is loud and it can be annoying when you first start your truck up. The highway drone is bearable but you will want to use some sound dampening material to eliminate noise (I used dynamat). The 44 are extremely loud and some cities will ticket you for too much noise (neighbor got it with a $500 noise ordinance fine). Be careful when you do choose a new muffler. Best thing to do is to ask the shop that will install it what one they recommend.

I went looking at the http://www.flowmastermufflers.com website and looked over each series. I cannot in good faith recommend the 44 series due to their excessive noise. Now the 40 series delta flow mufflers are what you may want, but make sure it will fit before you buy.

Make sure that whatever muffler you choose it has the proper input/output for your truck.

Last edited:

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the 40 on my truck and I love it. Still has a low rumble and can sound aggressive, but not loud at all on the highway.

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
well like i said its a 3" single in 2.5" dual out. really hoping for a comparison between the two

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yes, but i couldnt find a super 40 there. was hoping somebody could clear up the drone difference though...

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ran a 40 Series Delta Flow on my '98 Ram.
It was incredibly loud (also had a 4" tail pipe and a 6" tip) low and mean.

It was definitely 'there' on the highway, but rarely 'droned', especially not to the point of making me regret installing it.

OP
OP
D

dsurmanek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks for all the help guys! got the super 40. Flowmaster said that the super 44 would be too restrictive for the hemi. Wish I could have gone a little louder, but I didn't want to slow it down...

BRORam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
custom exhaust

Every vehicle i've owned i have always done a custom exhaust. I'm wondering should i do a 2.5 exhaust from the headers back and then from the muffler back do a 3inch....or for a 4.7 should i do a 2.5inch piping all the way back. and on a 5.7L to 3.0inch piping. Suggestions always appreciated.