Frustrated!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
About a month or so ago I started noticing some KR at part throttle, not a lot but between .5-5.5 ST KR on the intercepter gauge. At first the general consensis was a bad tank of gas. So after the one tank went down I filled with a fresh tank of 91 at my usual gas station (7/11 around the corner from me), and the same thing happens, stopped going there and started going to a chvron down the road ( a little more pricey) filled up with their 91, samething ST KR .5-5.5 at part throttle accelerating from 50mph from 1700-2000rpms, filled up a few times there, same thing. Added some octane booster, same thing. Did an oil change, same thing.

Logged on to diablo's forum, apparently the 09 & 10 models are having issues with the 9r07 CROM (which I was running) and the 9r08 CROM was suppose to fix the issue. Updated the tuner and loaded it, same thing only a little less KR now, now its going from 0.5-3.5 KR at part throttle. Logged on again today and apparently the 9r08 "fix" CROM didn't fix the issues on the 09/10's. So I am thinking it is the canned tunes that are ******* things up but I am not sure, no one with an 03-08 has responded to the post so I dont know if I am the only 3rd gen with this issue or if other guys are experiencing it as well.

So before I drop the dough on a custom tune, can any of you with the DSP running a canned 91 tune log for KR at part throttle? the WOT fuel/timing settings dont help at all as I do not have any KR at WOT, only part throttle.

Also if anyone has any ideas as to how to fix this (again it is NOT bad gas, in need of an oil change, or bad plugs --- I checked all of those and weeded them out one by one) please let me know, I am getting so frustrated at this point.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
pm weedahoe he has a diablo. man that sucks truckin

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Man i dunno, You have the o5 so why mention a model year five years from your truck? Just asking , don't get upset. I can read that your at your wits end (almost). You don't run a hot wire as well do you? I know that fools the air fuel ratio. doesn't effect the timing?? Thats really all I have, i guess you considered alternate tuning methods and thought them to be inferior.

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Why metion the other model years? because the tuner itselft supports everything from 03-10. The 09's and 10's are having issues with part throttle KR because of the canned tune, I am experiencing the same things that they are. So I need to find out IF it is not just the 09/10's that are having this issue. If other 3rd gens are having it then I can track down if its part of the tune, if they are not having it then I can rule out the tune and rack my brain to figure out if there is something else that could cause this.

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Also Weed has a trinity and is custom tuned, I need someone running a canned on the DSP so things are semi equal to compare to

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
That shouldn't be hard, There are alot out there, trick is if there on the forum. Is there a dodge truck show in your future? It's another outlet to find what your looking for. Sorry I can't help you truckin'

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
forgot weed had to have the custom tune

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you checked/changed your wires? I was having a similar problem a little while back and when I changed to new wires it totally went away.

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
New wires were put in about 5 months ago. Ran fine after they were installed, no issues with KR until about a month ago. No missfires no codes. All plug wires look fine.

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm curious and by no means a Diablo guy (never seen one). I know Diablo has the ability to data log KR but are you using the A/F ratio PID with Diablo to determine this? Just curious what PID, menu are you seeing this KR, is it open loop A/F?

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Change them again. There could be a crack that you can't see. Are they top of the line ?? Or at least move them from there holders slide along rails.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would do that for you truckin but you gotta tell me how lol, plus I dont have 91 in FL

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Truckin, I would find a local dyno shop that does custom tuning. Make friends with them, and get them to make you a custom dyno tune, and supports DIABLO. Wont cost you more than $150-200. You'll be happy you did. That's what I did, he even showed me how to tune my truck better with my diablo. You could try switchin to 93 octane too, not that it would help your kr much, but it couldn't hurt.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I know people have ran into issues with shorty wires causing weird things with these truck also how long has it been since you did a pcm reset?

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Screen Shot from my data log from about 15min ago:
PS.png

Again this is NOT WOT

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Did a PCM reset last night after I reloaded the new CROM file. If it was the shorties, which I dont think it is, I would think it would have done it from the start after they were put on back in Jan/Feb, and not wait til this past month to start giving me issues

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Another note is that it is not all the time that it is doing this, it will be fine for a while and then pop up with the KR. Seems like anything between 1/2 to 3/4 throttle above 50mph will give me KR.

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Truckin, I would find a local dyno shop that does custom tuning. Make friends with them, and get them to make you a custom dyno tune, and supports DIABLO. Wont cost you more than $150-200. You'll be happy you did. That's what I did, he even showed me how to tune my truck better with my diablo. You could try switchin to 93 octane too, not that it would help your kr much, but it couldn't hurt.

Im emailing Hemifever and seeing if he cant do anything for me. Going to need a custom tune for my 268 anyways so what the hell right. and I do not have 93 here ONLY 87, 89, and 91

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
^^ I seriously doubt that shorter plug wires would give you more KR.

Oh ok gotcha. Sorry about our troubles man! I hope hemifever can help you out, and like you said with the cam, 2 birds 1 stone right?

Hey if it's not too much trouble later, could you do a quick DIY for data logging. Ive never tried this with my DSP and I'd like to. I have a laptop dedicated to my truck, so that should work perfectly. Lemme know man, I know you got enough on your plate right now.