Fuel Pump/Gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boujie1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The fuel pump was replaced on my 2006 quad cab. When I filled it up with gas, the gauge stopped at 3/4. After about 10 minutes it started to move slowly up to full. Took it back to the garage that installed it and they put a different mfg pump in. Still did the same thing. Took it back again. They pulled the tank again and manually worked the sending unit and told me it's working fine. It's still not functioning properly. It has gotten better but still not the same. Could this be a gauge issue?

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
I doubt it's the gauge but you can test it by holding down the odometer reset button while turning on the key. The gauges should all move from zero to 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full.

I replaced the fuel pump in my 2006 a few years ago and it doesn't act right either, the needle moves up slowly and only reads 7/8 full. I'm pretty sure it's installed correctly. My thought is that it might not be sending the proper voltage signal to the gauge but who knows.