Going catless for beginners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No problem, I was actually about to buy a set of magnaflow 53000 series but after doing some research I found that page and put the brakes on this mod. They have quite a bit of information on their website

OP
OP
B

Beginner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I could deal with the smell, but that low end loss is a different story might cut them off bolt in a piece of straight pipe and see how that feels I can always put it back in if I don't like it going to run a couple tanks to get mpg and timed 1/4 first take them off and do the same thanks for all your help and advice

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Unless you are cammed with heads or running boost you will not see a real gain from dropping them besides more noise. Ryan has you pointed in the right direction. Mine no longer has the cats with my heads and cam and full exhaust, I have supporting mods to overcome what im giving up low end to allow for it though.

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unless you are cammed with heads or running boost you will not see a real gain from dropping them besides more noise. Ryan has you pointed in the right direction. Mine no longer has the cats with my heads and cam and full exhaust, I have supporting mods to overcome what im giving up low end to allow for it though.

I'm going to be adding a converter and heads hopefully this spring. The heads will have larger valves, stronger springs, and will be p&p. I already have HO cams and a slew of other mods(see Sig), and I may get some larger injectors as well. Would this be something that I could benefit from on my 4.7 after these next mods?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Dropping the cats will net you a few more #s on the top end and move the powerband up. With you having the gears and adding HP it shouldn't hurt you as much on low end as a lightly modded 4.7. What heads are you going to toss on?

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Yes that's around the same price as you would spend on a set of bv heads for a 5.7 so its not over the top. Anything dealing with performance and dodge means $$$.