Going to be replacing my rear main seal this week, lot's of questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jersey ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So. I've decided to try and replace my rear main seal later this week. I have an oil leak dripping off my bell housing/inspection cover and it just seems to be getting worse over time, not to mention its making a mess along the underbody and my parking space.

I have the service manual and have also read 'Ol Dirty Johns DIY for the torque converter removal (thanks to RonJon '06) and it seems fairly straight forward. I'm sure I'm going to have a whole host of questions in the next 72 hours as I attempt this so I thought I'd get this thread started in case anyone has any tips along the way.

Is there anything else I should plan on replacing while I've got this all apart?

OP
OP
J

Jersey ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The coolant lines that plug into the transmission, they're going to leak coolant when I detach them. Are they going to continue to leak or is there a way to stop them?