header coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It depends on the laws in your state and if you have a guy that does emissions/inspection that will look the other way.

Technically LTs are illegal everywhere in the US. Federal law says that moving the cats from the stock location is illegal. LT will move the cats back. Some states just do not have any inspection or anything that will get you caught or you have someone that does the inspection that looks the other way.

Shorties should be legal. If you need a C.A.R.B. number like in CA, make sure the brand you go with has it. If you do not need a C.A.R.B. number, then all shories should be good to go.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
See the question I have there is.... HOW do they know where the stock cats were originally located? Mine look like they were stock right where they are now, of course they moved back a bit, but they still look stock. Oh well I really dont have to worry about that here. I just took it down for emmisions last weekend and all they did was plug their tester into the OBDII port and tested the gas cap and I was done, they didn't even start it up, pop the hood or anything.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Yep the High flows are illegal as well. If you really sit down and read the law, you basically cant touch the cats or replace them unless they go bad and then and ONLY then can you take it to a shop and have them install a new one and record why it was necessary to replacce it.

I think these look pretty much like "stock" dont you?

cat2.jpg
cat3.jpg
cat4.jpg

no nonfoulers no CEL's