header install ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ordering BBK shorties tonight, ceramic coated. Dunno from where yet tho. ? is should i get mopar gaskets from the dealer, or should i use supplied gaskets. And do i use my header bolts or buy aftermarket ones. Thanks guys

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
fo shizzle, get those, and a magnaflow y, and some 3" tubing, and a decent muffler and put the cutout inbetween.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get the mopar gaskets. The felt ones that come with the bbks suck. I used the bolts that came with the headers and have had no problems yet. I check them every 5 k miles a d they have not come loose at all yet and I have had them on for about 13-14 k miles.

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
^ i was just gunna ask that, the stage 8 ones are $50 bucks........FAIL.......id rather tighted them once a month. although after a few heat cycles i wouldnt think youd have to worry bout em, and^^ Daniel, i wann aget the headers done, the ill order the magna flow Y pipe and the cutout, need to wait for another pay check. Hopefully the headers wont be a paint to get in

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
actually, 3rd strike has the Y 2.5's into 3" rite?

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^ i was just gunna ask that, the stage 8 ones are $50 bucks........FAIL.......id rather tighted them once a month. although after a few heat cycles i wouldnt think youd have to worry bout em, and^^ Daniel, i wann aget the headers done, the ill order the magna flow Y pipe and the cutout, need to wait for another pay check. Hopefully the headers wont be a paint to get in

They are not to bad to install, just take your time and be patient. The drivers side is a bit of a pain to get in past the steering arm, but that is about it. Also, make sure you have a ratcheting wrench, it will make tightening the bottom bolts much easier, if you use the BBK bolts you will need a 13mm.

I torqued mine to 24ft lbs (all but the bottom middle 2 on each size, I could not get a socket on them, they are the ones you need the ratcheting wrench). Drove about 200 miles then retorqued, now I check every 5k.

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
ORDERED!!!! ^ btw after driving have you noticed them loostening at all,

SAAWEET

or2.jpg
I love discounts

or1.jpg

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not loosening at all. I have about 13-14,000 miles on them and they have not loosened at all. The first re-torque, I think 2 may have loosened a little, but nothing since

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
im so excited....................:drool:

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
not to thread jack but wat ones are better for the hemi the shorties, mid length, or long tubes.

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
should i use any kind of thread locker

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
not to thread jack but wat ones are better for the hemi the shorties, mid length, or long tubes.

Best would be the Longtubes, more power and torque. But the thing is you have to go by emissions, the LT's are great for areas that dont do inspections or if you "know a guy" that will "look the other way" when you take it in .

OP - Headers are not that bad of an install just take your time. the shorties should be a lot easier than the LT's are. Definitely use the MOPAR gaskets. For bolts, do what you want I went with the stage 8's and have never had any issues with and without the locking clips

Last edited:

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Best would be the Longtubes, more power and torque. But the thing is you have to go by emissions, the LT's are great for areas that dont do inspections or if you "know a guy" that will "look the other way" when you take it in .

In de they stick a probe in the tailpipe/'s but dont look under. if i have cats and where to put longtubes on would it still pass?

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
joe, if it's too loud they will look. i heard a ton of **** when i started talking about doing my exhaust. it's not gonna pass bla bla bla cats cats cats. im doing a cat back, but if A. it's too loud or B. it doesn't have the correct dilution(the stick thing) it's not gonna pass. i know you have to get to at least 13, im not sure what the max is.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i love oklahoma no inspections