Headers for 08' 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhantomWarHawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey guys, so I've got an 08' 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi, and I've never really looked into headers for it but my stock manifolds are both cracked so I figured I should just upgrade because, well, why not lol.... The catch is that I'm on a pretty tight budget, I've got a shop that only charges me parts at cost plus labor (reasonable price), and he found a set of steel ciramicoat BBK's he could get me and would be final cost of $650 with labor.... Just wondering if anyone else has an opinion on that brand or knows of a better one etc. and any other info about it would be appreciated as I've never even really considered doing much to the motor and don't know anything about it. Thank You all in advance ✌️.

jwin1845

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Second the curiosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
are they lt's, mids or shorty's... sounds like a decent deal tho...

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you have smog regulations like I do (carb) then shorty's are your only option. I had jba cat 4wards and took them off because they aren't port matched for pre eagle heads. They also resonated alot of valve noise and sounded like ****. Bbk headers also don't have the correct port shape. I run gibson ceramic coated headers and they seam to be pretty good. Run good gaskets under then like remflex.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PhantomWarHawk

PhantomWarHawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
are they lt's, mids or shorty's... sounds like a decent deal tho...

I don't know if they're shorty, mind's, or longpipes. Is there one of which I should stay away from our or is it more performance/preference? I know that by themselves putting headers on probably won't give much performance and I'm not only looking for that as power cause I don't really have a plan to do extensive mods to the motor, putting them on primarily to replace the stock manifolds and don't to put new OEM ones and be back in this situation again down the road. But any added power and sound is just a plus and does open the door to doing more down the road if I change my mind and want to do more to the motor.

OP
OP
PhantomWarHawk

PhantomWarHawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you have smog regulations like I do (carb) then shorty's are your only option. I had jba cat 4wards and took them off because they aren't port matched for pre eagle heads. They also resonated alot of valve noise and sounded like ****. Bbk headers also don't have the correct port shape. I run gibson ceramic coated headers and they seam to be pretty good. Run good gaskets under then like remflex.

I'm not sure about my smog regulation I didn't even think about that, I'll have to look into it. The BBK's that my mechanic found were direct bolt on so should be port matched just fine right? Everything else in the motor is stock. I think the headers came with gaskets but I'll make sure to get a good set as well thanks for the reminder

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you already have the bbk one's they will be fine. When I say port matched I'm referring to the shape of the exhaust port. Our heads have a rectangular exhaust port and the bbk headers have a round port. A really nice header will have its port the same shape and size of the port on the head is all.