Headers + Exhaust for 08

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HIGHWAYPRISONER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hi guys, I'm looking at some headers and exhaust for my 08 Hemi ram. I'd like to get pacesetter LTs with the Y pipe with catback flowmaster exhaust, I live in an area with no emission laws but everywhere I look to buy a setup it says pacesetter LTs will not fit my 08...is there a reason they won't fit? They say they will only fit 2003-2007..trying to figure this out before I spend all this money I want to make sure it will work. Thanks in advance

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check Moes Performance. They ought to fit the 08s too...

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If your truck is 4wd you need to check fitment there also. I would spend a bit more coin on a more reputable brand though. Cheap headers will leak and be a constant headache. Headers are a 5.7 are a super nightmare to install also. I gladly paid my local performance shop to put mine on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

HIGHWAYPRISONER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well I've done some research and since day one I've heard pacesetters are the way to go, not the absolute best like dynatech, but they won't break the bank. And I was most likely gonna have them done at a shop so they can weld them and the exhaust

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Apples to apples if you ask me, but I'm the farthest thing from an expert on exhaust. I'm sure they have followers who will say they're the best, but 80% of this forum will say to buy pacesetter.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I put pacesetter's on my 4wd 03 Hemi, it actually went very smoothly and everything fit well. Wish I could help on the 08 fitment. You will have to get the aftermarket y pipe from them also. I tried to reuse the original y pipe, not even close. I priced fabbing up my own but it ran just as much as the pacesetter y pipes. I ended up having to run back to summit racing in the middle of my project to get the y pipe. If I had to do it over again, I would cough up the extra $200 and get them ceramic coated. I put some heavy coats of vht exhaust paint on and it's already starting to rust up after 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

HIGHWAYPRISONER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yea I'm going ahead and getting them ceramic coated now they last a lot longer without rotting and I'm in east TN on the VA border so I see some snow and salt. Are u running the stock cat or aftermarket? I know getting long tubes I'm gonna have to push the cat back

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yea I'm going ahead and getting them ceramic coated now they last a lot longer without rotting and I'm in east TN on the VA border so I see some snow and salt. Are u running the stock cat or aftermarket? I know getting long tubes I'm gonna have to push the cat back

My cat is gone, I didn't feel like buying a new one to match the 3" pipes and it has to get moved about 3 feet further down the truck to fit somewhere. I did the non fouler trick and it worked to trick the o2 sensors for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemi_loredo03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pacesetters should work. They are not a pain to install. You remove both front tires and front wheel wells and you have direct access to the exhaust manifolds. Easy and straight forward to install.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
What exactly did you do on the foulers?
Took two spark plug non-foulers that had the same threads as the sensor, drilled out one of them so the sensor would thread in. Then welded a **** on the exhaust and screwed them all together.