Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mandjfranken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
2008 dodge ram sxt. Died while driving. All lights and radio working. Key fob is fine. Starter and battery good. Have already disconnected battery. All wiring good to starter. Wont turn over. Sounds like battery dead but it is good. No codes. Any ideas.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take a scanner and see if it'll read anything. Does the relay click for the starter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It could be your TIPM.
If I remember correctly from helping my neighbor trouble shoot his(same year truck), there isn't a relay to jump out like the current gen truck. His starter went bad and took out the TIPM also. You'll have to check for power to crank at the starter.

OP
OP
M

mandjfranken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Power at the starter but no power on the signal wire to theat ignition

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Try jumping out the signal wire to see if it cranks. Double check all the fuses to.
If it is your TIPM, I believe you can swap it out yourself, but I think it needs to be "synconized" with the trucks computer (going off of memory, unfortunately my neighbor is not around to ask)

OP
OP
M

mandjfranken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Changed the TIPM no luck. Not sure how to sync the computer.