Help! One of my fans stopped!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Okay idk really know what it is but I am pulling out to drive home (200 miles, I work out of town) I do my usual checks for everything considering I just bought it and I like to check on some known issues before and I see a fan not moving. I watch it because I'm curious if it had anything to do with a noise I posted about. Thought maybe the noise I had been hearing was this fan. I turn the ac on high and let it run. Looking at everything and keep my eye on that fan. Well it never came on. I smacked it with my hand, started rolling. Slow then act like it would stop so I give her a few more smacks and she slowly spins up to speed. Which I bet it isn't spinning as fast as it should. Anyway, I found the connection and it does look like one of the wires has almost been pulled out but if you really look at it touch it n **** it's still got some meat on it to make the connection it's got. I guess the bumps going down the road keep it going lol anyway it's not the radiator fan it's the one behind the little black lookin radiator next to it. I think it's a condenser? Idk but still I have to drive home knowing this thing might go off and never come on. What could happen if that fan quit working? What would it do to the truck. How can I tell like I.e. Behavior of the truck ya know. I wanna know if it could be harmful to the truck and I need to pull over or will it be okay for the trip hell if you tell me what all the truck will do when it stops working you might even diagnose another symptom that I've noticed. But most important is, is it okay to drive it. Will just the air go out or will the whole damn truck blow up.

2003 Ram 1500 4.7 magnum 4x2
196k miles but well taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The worst that will happen is no ac if its just that fan thats not working

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Lol and you both post in the same thread.
Before i went from 4g engine and performance to 3g and was like wait a minute how does the guy have a 2016 and 2003 i had to go back to see the username was slightly different :p