Hemi performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey i have recently bought an 03 ram 1500 with a hemi, i put an airfilter on and it seems to have decreased my performance. Can anyone explain this, if so how do i fix it. Also any other suggestions on increasing performance for a lower cost.

Lugnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you mean by performance? Throttle response, acceleration, shift points etc
The only thing that comes to mind is that maybe when snapping closed the housing that holds the air filter you didn't quite get it shut and there is now a pressure leak for the incoming air. It's not likely that would cause a notable issue but it is possible.

Hemi8073

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TMR mod, you can look it up on YouTube, the vid is done by tingle5787. Ground your throttle body to the negative post on your battery or to a good solid ground. I used a 12 gauge wire and pulled one bolt off the throttle body and connected it to there on ones side and the negative on the battery on the other side. Also increase throttle response. Those are two free mods if you have wire and a pair of wire cutters

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind of air filter? replacement, K&N?