Hot Stall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sabyre

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Hi guys, New here.

I have a 2002 4.7L Auto.

The problem is the truck starts and runs perfectly when cold for about 15 mins and then it stalls out. It will not start again until it has completely cooled. Normally that would be an IAC, CKP, CMP, O2 issue as the PCM goes from open loop to closed loop. All those parts are new. Also has a new MAP sensor which it deep need and that got rid of the loping idle.

The kicker is after it stalls the fuel pump continues to run. Sometimes when it stalls the injectors also still try pulse. If you take the key out and put it back in and turn to on, the same thing occurs. In fact it wont stop doing that until it gets cold again. And then it does the typical whir, click and waits for you to try to start.

As far as I know when these trucks are at operating temperature and switches to closed loop the only data it really takes into consideration is the o2 sensors. I thought it was the PCM so I have replaced that as well.

It does throw codes, but they are only present when it stalls out and you try to imediately restart. And the codes it throws points to sensors that have been replaced.

I am at a loss on this one. I have even removed the PDU and FCM thinking those could be the issue.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

What would cause the PCM to send a signal to the fuel pump to say 'yes the engine is still running' when it's not?