How do I tell if I have a mds problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryangio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I am having a mds problem will there be a engine light that comes on or is that only sometimes. I notice when i am coasting between 20-30 mph that I hear a clicking like sound

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take your truck to the local parts store and have them put their code reader on it to pull the code. Or if you don't wanna do that, you can do the "key dance" to pull the code that way which consists of turning the key on to run (don't start) then back to off, three times ending with the key on and the code, if there is one will be displayed in your odometer readout.

OP
OP
R

Ryangio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take your truck to the local parts store and have them put their code reader on it to pull the code. Or if you don't wanna do that, you can do the "key dance" to pull the code that way which consists of turning the key on to run (don't start) then back to off, three times ending with the key on and the code, if there is one will be displayed in your odometer readout.

Their is currently no engine light on... the only symptom it have is when shlowing down is the ticking.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You never know tho, you might have a stored code even without a light. If you check it right now and there is no code found or no light, wait until the light comes back on and then pull over and do that key dance I told ya about.

I'm pretty sure the computer at the Mopar house will give you a code history even if there is no light at the time but I'm not sure about the other, smaller and less-complex code readers.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But definitely need to find that code from when the CEL comes on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam