I think I need more fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluethunder08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have the typical mods; headers, y, magnaflow, 180 thermo, and SC tuner. I was running a K&N drop in with Airaid MIT and it was pretty quick for a big ol' quad cab. Then I put on a S&B intake and a Moe's 87mm TB and she just fell on her face. Throttle response went to nothing and would really bog down at WOT. Put the factory TB back on and it pepped back up some. So now I'm thinking I'm not getting enough fuel for the air I'm moving. Is there any way to increase the fuel flow on a 2008?

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Given that the TB gives you (roughly for the math weenies) an 8.7percent increase in throttle diameter at WOT, you could be leaning out. I'm not familiar enough with the Super Chips tuner to know if there is any way to adjust your fuel air ratio.

I would start by calling Matt, or hoping he drops by this thread.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Did you do a PCM reset to aloow the computer to comp for the extra air your moving?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I don't think you need more fuel as I even had ported heads with a bigger cam on my 03 with just Superchips.

I would start off by resetting your computer. If that does not work, try to run a higher octane fuel as you may be running lean now with all the airflow upgrades and getting some knock. If the engine detects knock, it will pull timing and cause a loss of power.

OP
OP
bluethunder08

bluethunder08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only run 93 in it. I did the reset but will try again. I've realized that these trucks tend to have a mind of their own sometimes.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's funny.. I was going to suggest to reset computer as one of the first replies. But I thought I would sound stupid haha.

That's completely honest.. No BS

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
you're installing the tb with all the right gaskets right? another thing, I wouldn't be adding fuel without logging the AFR, doing it blind is an accident waiting to happen.