Idle Air Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeffBeck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All,
I have had my 2004 Ram 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4 Quad Cab for about three weeks now. Today just as I let off the gas & turned the corner by my driveway…It stalled. It started right back up. I pulled in my drive and did some checking out. I connected my computer to the ODBII and checked for error codes….none. I was going to give it a drive, as I walked toward to house to tell my wife where I was going….It stalled. Started right back up, I drove it around a little with no problems. I have been checking another forum some. It looks like the first thing I’ll want to consider is looking at / cleaning the IAC (idle Air Control). Any other ideas?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Did you notice of the lighting bolt flashed on the dash before it cut off?

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I had that problem on my old 84 and it was a idler air solenoid. It cost like $35 and it was a easy fix.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
You might wanna check your EGR valve while you're under the hood. They've been known to cause similar issues on the Hemi's IIRC

OP
OP
JeffBeck

JeffBeck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did not notice the lightning bolt, I‘ll take a look at where its located and make sure to look that direction if it happens again.

Is there a way to test the EGR valve or TPS?