Installed new magnaflow high flow cat!!!! LOVEIT!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
533533a31204fddca775101ac79f5613.jpg
From initial start up I noticed it made my flowmaster rumble so much more.my throttle is more responsive and it just sounds so much better.if anyone is ever thinking about doing it go right ahead you will love the aftermath. Now time to drive around and waste some gas haha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Now replace the Flowmaster with a Magnaflow muffler to get more improvements. Flowmasters sound good but flow like crap.

OP
OP
02ramboi

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Now replace the Flowmaster with a Magnaflow muffler to get more improvements. Flowmasters sound good but flow like crap.

There was a guy there with a fully built mustang that came to change out his flowmaster because he was told the same thing. That's crazy

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it a direct bolt on or universal?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
02ramboi

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Is it a direct bolt on or universal?

Had to be welded

4.7 v8
Hi flow cat/flowmaster exhaust
7 inch lift/5 inch lift
20 inch falken wildpeak at3/33's

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was curious what you had installed. I found this kit from Magna flow for the 4.7, part # 52291. Should work very well with the new Gibson headers I installed.1ee272bb02f4cfd956e96f744cbb27eb.png

OP
OP
02ramboi

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Oh yeah those look very very nice but my model only had one cat so I decided to just have them weld it my piping is in very good condition so I didn't need to change it my next thing is headers and exhaust is complete for me but those hi flow cats makes a big difference but since you have headers even better

4.7 v8
7 inch lift/5 inch lift

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So this is the stock set up for my 06 4.7:
s-l1000.jpg

The LH tube is flattened as it crosses under the trans and both pipes are compressed into the exit pipe. If you gained a noticeable improvement with a single cat, I have to believe the Magnaflow kit will do the same or more for my truck. After looking more closely at this factory exhaust, it's no wonder these engines feel underpowered!

OP
OP
02ramboi

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
So this is the stock set up for my 06 4.7:

View attachment 88623

The LH tube is flattened as it crosses under the trans and both pipes are compressed into the exit pipe. If you gained a noticeable improvement with a single cat, I have to believe the Magnaflow kit will do the same or more for my truck. After looking more closely at this factory exhaust, it's no wonder these engines feel underpowered!

Oh yeah that is correct looked how crushed it is imagine what the difference is going to be it will be well worth it

4.7 v8
7 inch lift/5 inch lift

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Oh yeah that is correct looked how crushed it is imagine what the difference is going to be it will be well worth it

4.7 v8
7 inch lift/5 inch lift

I just found this thread and man let me tell you, you feel a huge difference with the Gibson headers but do yourself a favor and cut the cats off, it won't even throw a code so forget about the tuner unless you get custom long tubes for the 4.7. I'm curious what yours sounds like, I never got to hear the different sounds in steps of doing one after the next. I put the headers on then threw 2.5" piping and cut the cats off and have an x pipe going duals out the back with the flowmasters sounds great and I have alot of lancers that rev their engines at me lol

OP
OP
02ramboi

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I just found this thread and man let me tell you, you feel a huge difference with the Gibson headers but do yourself a favor and cut the cats off, it won't even throw a code so forget about the tuner unless you get custom long tubes for the 4.7. I'm curious what yours sounds like, I never got to hear the different sounds in steps of doing one after the next. I put the headers on then threw 2.5" piping and cut the cats off and have an x pipe going duals out the back with the flowmasters sounds great and I have alot of lancers that rev their engines at me lol

Haha nice that's my next upgrade to get some headers I got the programmer already I like it makes a difference.headers I know will finish everything off

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha nice that's my next upgrade to get some headers I got the programmer already I like it makes a difference.headers I know will finish everything off

This has me thinking i need high flow cats lol, i still cant get myself to invest 1700 bucks on a good header set up, but anything to gain a few DB for not to much money im game!

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
This has me thinking i need high flow cats lol, i still cant get myself to invest 1700 bucks on a good header set up, but anything to gain a few DB for not to much money im game!

If it doesn't wake the neighbors it's not loud enough lol

OP
OP
02ramboi

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
If it doesn't wake the neighbors it's not loud enough lol

Lmao that's for sure and I really did feel a difference when I changed out the cats acceleration was a bit better