Intake Manifold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bscanlon64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was always wanting to put the cars manifold on, but was told they don't fit the trucks. Do the srt-8 jeeps use a similar intake and will it fit the ram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
With some modification and re plumbing it will I've looked into but just to much work then what I want to do at the momemt

But won't do anything for you unless your boosted on have nitrous

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Too much money for little to no power gains unless you are boosted or running nitrous.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I agree it gives the engine a little bling but still not worth it from what i've read. I would spend that on a cam and ported heads.

CKH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Swapping an "eagle" intake manifold from an 09+ R/T or the aluminum manifold from a 6.1 won't give you any real gains unless you have some other mods. They will provide nice gains if you have ported heads and a cam. They require your current heads to be port matched or aluminum spacers to work on anything before 2009. I even had to hand port the spacers to make the eagle manifold match up seamlessly in my 06 Charger. Tons of info on manifold swaps on LX forum. Modern muscle also did a comparison with manifold swaps onto a stock 06 R/T Charger and the car didn't gain anything. A lot of guys with cams and heads are going with the 392 manifold now. The new 5.7 truck manifold is virtually the same as the 392 manifold, the throttle body position is the only difference.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I have to agree with everyone else, I've done the swap myself on an '07 with the intention of running boost and nitrous. I did do the Eagle head swap so there were no port mismatches, but I still had to do the timing cover and bracket, but I got a great deal from a semi-local guy so it was worth it for me.

I did get gains in the top end on the nitrous compared to the stock manifold, but it was definitely more of a dog in the bottom end.

Now, I've got it on my '09 which is a forged 349, running 15psi, and has the nitrous installed but isn't tuned for it yet. The stock manifold won't handle that kind of abuse for long, and it looks damned sexy doing it since mine's powdercoated metallic black.