Little issue with my 05' Ram - Need advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys,
I've had my 05 Ram for over a year now and it's been working great, however I have noticed today and on rare occasions it has a tendency to "pulsate" at low RPM's, when driving, the RPM gauge (usually around 1500-2000 RPM) will pulsate or fluctuate between 2-300 RPM. If I start the truck up cold and slightly tap my gas it will sometimes pulsate as well. ( sounds like a heavy cammed engine?) It also had a slight "lag" or delay at a dead stop to acceleration, Not a slip, just a delay like the RPM gauge pulsated before winding out, but not every time.
No high RPM's with no movement the truck still has its get up and go for certain. Doesn't rev up at low RPM, and at high RPM it still has the pull if I hit the peddle for more acceleration.

- I only used ATF4 Mopar fluid, recently changed 10,000KMS ago.
- Only use Full Synthetic Castrol Edge
- Currently running 89' Octane fuel
- I am in my winter season usually -10c to -20c if this makes a difference
- Throwing codes " P0440 P0441 P0406"
- I sometimes like to put the truck into 2nd on slow roads, for the sound (Haha) if this would make a difference as well.

Any ideas on what could be going on?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
vac pump

Blue_Smoke13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
P0440 and P0441 are EVAP codes

Check your gas cap, and vacuum hoses.

Why are you running 89 octane?

Kam86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l v8
Hey guys,
I've had my 05 Ram for over a year now and it's been working great, however I have noticed today and on rare occasions it has a tendency to "pulsate" at low RPM's, when driving, the RPM gauge (usually around 1500-2000 RPM) will pulsate or fluctuate between 2-300 RPM. If I start the truck up cold and slightly tap my gas it will sometimes pulsate as well. ( sounds like a heavy cammed engine?) It also had a slight "lag" or delay at a dead stop to acceleration, Not a slip, just a delay like the RPM gauge pulsated before winding out, but not every time.
No high RPM's with no movement the truck still has its get up and go for certain. Doesn't rev up at low RPM, and at high RPM it still has the pull if I hit the peddle for more acceleration.

- I sometimes like to put the truck into 2nd on slow roads, for the sound (Haha) if this would make a difference as well.

Kam86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l v8
Hey guys,

Kam86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l v8
Totally new sorry for spam.
I created this account In hopes to help with code p0441 on 03 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7. I had this happen to me 6 months ago and was taking everything apart to figure it out. Come to find out what everyone says to look for is not it. My truck was stalling. Idle was a problem then just died after a few seconds. I had to drive with the foot on the brake and open the throttle a bit to keep it from stalling out. Honestly it’s an easy fix and takes 20 Mins. My problem was carb build up on the throttle body and idle sensor. Use carb cleaner and spray micro fiber rag and clean the throttle body. (Note: you don’t want to spray carb cleaner on throttle body so you don’t ruin any parts or sensors. Also only use a micro fiber rag to clean, DO NOT wire brush to think you can extra clean this). After cleaning the throttle body, look at you idle sensor, it has a plunger type mechanism in it you can push to open and close. You can either spend $80 to replace this for a new one, or carefully clean it with some q-tips and carb cleaner and get all the carb build up off it and out of it. I chose to clean it and it took no time. Just be careful with the sensors. I put it all back together and haven’t had a code thrown since. Dodged burn dirty I found so it wouldn’t hurt to throw a can of sea foam as directed. Like I said, I hope this helps and save money but this was my problem on the code