Looking for a little help please, regarding replacing my oil pan 2003 4x4 5.7 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

handliner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 4x4
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello to everyone, new member here that needs a little advice please. I am in the process of replacing my oil pan as it has rusted out. My vehicle is a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi. I have it jacked up in my driveway and have removed the cross-member/skid plate & trans dust cover.

I watched a you tube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VaSIYWA6n8 and posted a comment that I will reprint here "Thanks for your video Michael. I own a 2003 Dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi and have a question for you. My truck has a crossover exhaust pipe that sits between the rear of the oil pan and the front of the transmission cover plate.I didn't notice that in your video. Does the truck that you are working on have dual exhaust? The reason I am asking is that I am in the process of doing this repair and it doesn't look like the pan will clear my exhaust crossover pipe."

So, has anyone here ran into clearance problems trying to replace their pan on a similar vehicle. Or is this even possible to do without raising the engine.

Thank you.

keithert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it isn't badly rusted you might try painting the pan with POR15 rust treatment. I did that on my Wrangler when the pan was starting to rust.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought the pan crossed over the transmission oil pan? Can you take a picture and post it up here?

OP
OP
H

handliner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 4x4
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, I figured it out. I had to drop the front diff, and exhaust to get the clearance that was needed. After that a wheel alignment. Thanks for replying.