Magnaflow Direct fit Catalytic Converter any good? 5.7 Hemi 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've used their direct fit hi-flow cats on my SRT and they fit well.

If you are unsure about what emissions package you have, go here, click on the "Equipment Listing" link on the left side and enter your VIN on that page. You will get a build sheet to review (you can copy and paste it as well to your own document to keep) and your emissions configuration will be shown there.

Given the year of your vehicle I assume you fall under the Federal emissions but I could be wrong.

OP
OP
J

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go where I don't see a link, Also if it is Cali would it say Cali emissions or if it is Fed will it say Fed ? Thanks

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
oops...sorry...I thought I posted it!

Here it is:

Contact Dodge

It will either stay California Emissions or 49-State Emissions I believe.

OP
OP
J

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is what it says

50 State Emissions
U.S. Emissions w/OBD 1

OP
OP
J

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you know if the direct fits come with the better Magna flow Y pipe?

OP
OP
J

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, So my Vin say's 50 State Emissions and under my hood it states that my truck meets California emissions, So I ordered 49596 and 49597 D side and Pass Side Direct bolt in OEM grade which they say are not CARB approved but will meet the emissions ( just not visual ) and not set a check engine light. They say they flow better then stock and they were about half the price so i am hoping they work and last, They also offer the direct bolt in standard grade but they said Id prob get a Check engine light running these, 93402 and 93403 ( these are about Half the price of the OEM grade ones ). Napa was the cheapest I found them.

OP
OP
J

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They do not fit, The Y pipe is resting right on the Cross member that the Torsion bars attach to, They are tight right against it. I cant rotat it because the Passenger side cat is hitting the floor board and the Dside is close but not hitting. Only thing I can figure out is to cut it and weld it. I can't leave them the way they are.

OP
OP
J

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A little update I know when I Google stuff and post don't have updates it sucks.

Besides not being direct fit, I have had no issues, they seem to flow well and no codes, I have put about 300 Miles on them MPG went up 2 MPG also. I like them they seem well made just be prepared to do some cutting and welding, at least on my model truck.