Magnaflow hi flow cat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I was about to order a hi flow cat to replace my old 150,000 mile cat has anyone else used them. Did it flow any better exhaust any louder or stay the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
A friend of mine used them on his mustang. Exhaust note stayed the same, but he swears it revs quicker...so maybe they do flow that much better than stock?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
I was about to order a hi flow cat to replace my old 150,000 mile cat has anyone else used them. Did it flow any better exhaust any louder or stay the same.

I believe mine has the whole y pipe to Magnaflow muffler and dual split rear exit, came that way so not 100% sure but I've never seen a stock one split in the middle like that just like the Magnaflow does, one cat might not be noticeable but if your gonna do the other some day ya go for it or the whole pipe, for a stock 5.9 on 35's it motivates way more than I thought it would so it must help and sounds great too.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
02ramboi

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I have the 4.7 so I only have one cat I already have a flowmaster exhaust I just wanted to get rid of the stock cat to free up the exhaust a little

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
One cat? On a V8? Weird, ok then yes go for it but maybe also see if there's a pipe kit from the manifold, unless your gonna do long tube headers then that's probably a waste and just get the cat.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have high flows and they def made it louder. Only thing is they'll throw a code unless you have custom tuning.

OP
OP
02ramboi

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
One cat? On a V8? Weird, ok then yes go for it but maybe also see if there's a pipe kit from the manifold, unless your gonna do long tube headers then that's probably a waste and just get the cat.

I'm going to eventual go shorties on the headers since I have the 4.7 both headers connect right before re cat I was going to do dual exhaust but I decided to leave one.

OP
OP
02ramboi

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I have high flows and they def made it louder. Only thing is they'll throw a code unless you have custom tuning.

Louder is a good thing lol but what code did it give you. I ordered in I'm just waiting for it to come in.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Louder is a good thing lol but what code did it give you. I ordered in I'm just waiting for it to come in.

I believe it was a catalyst deficiency code. Drove me nuts cause I hate my check engine light being on. Tried the defoulers and they caused a too lean code so that's when I got my hemifever tune and he fixed it.

OP
OP
02ramboi

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I believe it was a catalyst deficiency code. Drove me nuts cause I hate my check engine light being on. Tried the defoulers and they caused a too lean code so that's when I got my hemifever tune and he fixed it.

Ok cool thanks if it happens to me more of an excuse to get my tune quicker lol

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Really they throw a code? I've been wondering if it has a tune or pcm cause even with 35's it hauls ass. Any way to tell?