Mega Cab True Dual Super 10s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rking6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Mega Cab 1500 6 in lift and 35" toyos and need it to be louder. I was thinking two Flowmaster Super 10s 2.5" inlet x 2.5" outlet, X pipe 2.25" in x 2.25" out, and remove the resonators and put straight pipe in its place. I want it to be pretty loud but will this get be pulled over every time i pass a cop in town? And more importantly the price. How much do you think this will cost with parts and labor. I know what mufflers and tips cost but what about all the piping that i will need to accomplish this and labor. A breakdown of all costs will help a ton. Thanks!

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Welcome, like D said a cutout would be the cheapest way to go loud when you want it. You can run a single 10 series also and just dump it which would be cheaper also then having a shop fab an x then do two mufflers and more pipe.

I run a single chamber dumped, as long as you keep your cats you will be ok with the cops. I get looks but im longtubes straight into the single dumped and you have to be mindful of the skinny peddal.

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got dual 10's on my mega it sounds good but I think I may change over to magnaflows but idk which ones since idk much about them. They sound good but when you step on it hard they get poppy and I'm just not a fan of that.

OP
OP
rking6

rking6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! Anyway you could post a video of your exhaust I would really like to hear it. Since we have the same truck i might as well ask if it already has two stock cats?

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
idk how to post but ill try and get around to it this weekend maybe sunday. I do have the stock cats, I cut it before the Y pipe and ran dual pipes all the way back and put the mufflers after the axle and then ran it straight out the bumper. I wish the mufflers would've been put closer to the cab so I could hear it more but is what it is.

OP
OP
rking6

rking6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as the cutouts go, i dont know much of anything about them. I know electric are expensive. Might be a dumb question but if i use them with true duals would i need two sets of them?

OP
OP
rking6

rking6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well then I would probably get manual if either.