Motor Blew Up!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's up guys! So I'm coming up on a year since I bought my truck from a private seller. My 04 5.7 Hemi blew up on Sunday :suicide: Much like most of us here, I'm as **** as AIDS about maintenance so I have to believe the PO was slackin.

Anyway, I've decided to have an engine shop here in town drop a fully remanufactured (not rebuilt) 5.7 Hemi in the truck. I'm wondering what upgrades I should have them throw in there while they're putting it together. Would it be much more work for them to through a comp 260 cam with all the 6.1 parts in there?

Any other ideas guys?? What do you think??

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
call inertia motorsports and ask how much for abuilt engine

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
ill take your block if you don't want it haha

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
What broke on your engine?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^^I wanna know this too.

Also, if you windowed it...PICTURES!!! :D

OP
OP
A

AZ11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The initial mechanic simply told me I need a new engine. Based on his half ass description of the damage it sounds like the infamous broken valve spring. I had the truck towed to a shop that does rebuilds but I'm thinking I'd rather throw a completely remanufactured engine in there if I'm spending thousands anyway. Rebuilding an engine sounds like polishing a **** in most cases.

Powertrain Products, Jasper, Inertia or someone else?

What do you guys think?

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
From a lot of reading, I would go with Powertrain product. They offer a damn good warranty and the comments on their products is nothing short of awesome.

However as far as I have seen, they only build stock configuration, not sure if they would do any sort of upgrade or moded engines with the same warranty.