my efan thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
well to start off i have been looking into doing my efan mod for quite a while now. i as of wed got my efan at the local pick n pull. i am using a 2 speed hi-low ford taurus efan took it out of a 95 taurus 3.8l wagon. its in good shap minus the dirt that came with it. cost for the fan $20 + tax. i then took the advice from weedahoe and bought a controller from advance auto parts for $35.99 +tax. i am also grabbing a few leds from radioshack which will be wired in a few diff locations in my dash (not really related but) and one certain color for when my fan turns on. i also am following a diy i found made by offroadteacher as a guide through my install process. i still need my brackets for hanging it but ill get them in the morning. before i start my mod process. i am hoping to get to this saturday as i don't have any plans but you never know what could come up.....so follow my thread as i will post pics as i do my install and ill have many pics to answer some questions that i too have and other will have when they decide to do this install.....

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
Efan for less than 60? That's awesome jay. You're turning that 4.7 into a beast

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
right about $70 bucks yeah...hell mike im trying like hell... it will def be a damn good running 4.7l on these roads...i can already eat 5.4 tritons so i guess i gotta start finding something else to beat up on....hey teach you got any pics of the probe where you mounted yours ? and any pics with out the factory shroud?....

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
jay, two suggestions.

1.) instead of using the brackets, i suggest using "efan mounting ties" or something like that. They're basically zipties that have a 1" square end that slides onto the other peice that comes with it. when you're done you have a really clean looking install. its hard to explain... its a plastic ziptie thing that goes through the radiator. the two ends are 1" square peices of plastic (if that makes any sense at all).

2.) take off the top crossmember in front of the radiator and slide the probe into the top right corner of the radiator right in front of the inlet hose. the closer to that opening, the more accurate the fan will be

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
thanks aaron but the way i plan on mounting the fan nobody will ever see the brackets...and they wont hinder the cooling either...but if you could find a link i would look at it and weigh my thoughts.... and thanks for the advice on where to put that dang probe....edit i found these at advance real quick is this what your talking about?....how long will they last vs metal brakets...http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...tem-Imperial_6014844-P_N6003C_P|GRP2061A____#

Last edited:

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
thats exactly what im talking about!!! i've had mine in for over a year and no issues whatsoever. the advantage to these is A) they're super cheap, B)they take way less time because you dont have to customize brackets. Besides, if they ever break, you've got 3 more holding the fan on (and trust me... even 2 will hold the fan). Get another pack and it takes 15 seconds to replace the broken one... but i doubt you'll have issues with them breaking.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
thanks aaron i may just go this route as i can just swing up by advance and pick them up, and not have to sit here and drill a bunch of holes and bend metal which really isn't that bad but hey its hot a **** out there....so yeah its about $80 dollars i have into this install now with the brackets ill buy thanks to aaron(af_hemi) and ill also be swinging by radioshack for a led that turns on when the efan does....

Last edited:

jimtete

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3 liter V-10
last tuesday it was 102 in ct. .......... wtf ......... to hot .... don't feel like doin **** ..

jim

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
its been mid to high 90's all week with ungodly humidity so its felt like 105 easy....im out to do my yard work this morning. then ill go collect the rest of my stuff, led and mounting straps, then ill prolly be on the horse trying to get it done....

SMKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jay I second AF's suggestion! I too am running the same mounting system and have had NO issues! even offroading, I figured the bouncing and jarring could shear one off or something, NO ISSUES!! I carry an extra pack with me since they are so cheap that way if I am in the woods or something I can repair it right there!

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
thanks for the reassurance craig i was just scared at first that they may be weak but im going to try them non the less just finished all my yard work and it whooped my ass 96* and humid as hell soaked completely with sweat...nasty....showered and resting time then when the wife gets back we'll go shopping for the rest of what i need....

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an adjustable controller in a mounting box I would have sold you for $15.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
rf with all the wires and all what kind is it and does it have the probe or something else? got a pic i may take it and return this one....just to help you out and save me some money....

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have it listed in the classifieds with pics. I ran it with both my mark viii fan and my viper fan.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
pm sent...just wanna know if the amp ratings on it are 30 amps from what i have it say yours is only 15 the one i bought has everything a/c relay, wire harness, 30 amps, push in probe, temp range 160-210 is that bad ...im def interested if its compatible...i like this one cause it harnessed and all so ... if it saves me time i may just stick with this one..http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...trol-Imperial_3670006-P_N6003C_P|GRP2061A____ this is the one i bought

Last edited:

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pm sent...just wanna know if the amp ratings on it are 30 amps from what i have it say yours is only 15 the one i bought has everything a/c relay, wire harness, 30 amps, push in probe, temp range 160-210 is that bad ...im def interested if its compatible...i like this one cause it harnessed and all so ... if it saves me time i may just stick with this one..Adjustable Thermostatic Fan Control by Imperial - Part 226204 - Advance Auto Parts this is the one i bought

You don't use the ac relay on our vehicles because the ac has a separate fan. Some cars turn on the efan when the ac kicks on, but like I said, our system has it's own fan.

The one I have is also temp adjustable. I know the controller you have and I ran that for a bit, but the 30 amp relay was too small and it popped relays all the time. Got old quick. I eventually switched to an 80 amp stinger relay and never had a problem again.

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
so what your saying is i should return this, buy a stinger relay and a cheaper controller? remember im using a taurus efan also...

af...i plan on using the low side all the time but i want to put a tail on the end of the high side for when im towing the 3 4 wheelers to the spots just in case i dont want it to over heat....

Last edited: