My homemade cai

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dodgeramqc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, first, with headers and muffler, I don't put a cai for the sound. Two, I spend 71$ and not 100$. I want suggestions to improve my system. I will move the filter lower with tubing to collect more fresh air. I like to do homemade thing, I like learning some things, that's why I want your suggestions or opinions. Thanks.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, first, with headers and muffler, I don't put a cai for the sound. Two, I spend 71$ and not 100$. I want suggestions to improve my system. I will move the filter lower with tubing to collect more fresh air. I like to do homemade thing, I like learning some things, that's why I want your suggestions or opinions. Thanks.

What improvements in truck performance are you seeking?

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD

In reality you'll probably hurt/starve the system with a longer and lower tube. Everyone is right, your computer uses the MAP sensor and calculates air/fuel ratio etc. If the computer see's more air, it will just compensate for it as what the computer has been programmed to do.

It's not as easy to do the 1970's mods these days and see any increase.

Does it look cool.. does it give you the satisfaction of hey, I increased my trucks power, looks good... of course ! :happy107:

We all get that. Heck, I feel like my truck runs better after an oil change! :)

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Does it look cool.. does it give you the satisfaction of hey, I increased my trucks power, looks good... of course ! :happy107:

Heck, I feel like my truck runs better after an oil change! :)

I agree - change oil, detail truck and you will increase you truck power.

OP
OP
D

Dodgeramqc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. At less, I cleaned my TB.

So if I understand, a CAI don't really works? It's more for the look and the sound. It's better for me to keep stock airbox with a standard square K&N filter?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. At less, I cleaned my TB.

So if I understand, a CAI don't really works? It's more for the look and the sound. It's better for me to keep stock airbox with a standard square K&N filter?

That's exactly what I, and everyone before me, were trying to tell you. Intakes give you sound and cool factor. Really nothing in the power department.

OP
OP
D

Dodgeramqc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you! I'm from Quebec, my english is so bad, that's why I'm long to understand :). On the websites of this companies of cai, they said a lot advantages to put cai in your vehicule (mileage increase, more hp, ...) When a guy like me read that, I believe what is written. Thank you for help.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
like most companies out in the world they want to make a profit so some will tell you anything and everything in order that you purchase their product.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
An intake along with an exhaust system and a tuner for your specific intake and exhaust, will give you some power. But an intake on its own really doesn't. It really has to work with a tuner and exhaust to get anything from them.

OP
OP
D

Dodgeramqc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But like I said, I have headers, Flowmaster muffler, and superchip tuned at octane 91.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
What do you think about this sealed box? It looks more effective.

That looks like it would work and help you straighten the intake pipe. To hell with what some of these people have been saying, you built it yourself with your own ingenuity and it may or may not help, how cares you got the pleasure of building it. I've built a lot of things that didn't really help anything but they where cool in my mind and thats all that counted.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only CAI on the market that actually delivers on it's claim is the Vararam Air Grabber, spend the money and get one, like others have already said, don't expect any "head snap'n" results from CAI.

Attachments

• IMG_20150905_093746_918.jpg
    IMG_20150905_093746_918.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 45