my transmission build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonsram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ive got an edge 2700 converter on the way and i wanna make any upgrades to my transmission while im in there. i need some advice on what to do. im thinking about either a deep transmission pan or a one ton cooler. what do you guys recommend for keeping temps down?

also do you recommend getting a shift kit or resistor mod to help the trans last? i dont want noticeably harder shifts but would like the trans to last.
thanks in advance for all the help,
jason

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just finished my install friday night. I went with a mag-hytec deep finned pan. BE ADVISED, the MH pan has to be used with the 4x4 style transmission filter... I didnt read the paper that came with it and found that out the hard way.

Line pressure boosters are OK, I think you'd enjoy the results of a trans tune from a diablo.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hes got an 04, not much Diablo trans support. Unless you have a custom tune, use a Superchips. Other option if you have custom tuning is to stack the two.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Trans cooler and valve body combo unless you want to just install the Transgo kit. Like I sent ya in the PM I have the transgo kit in my truck and it works alright, the replacement VB's are machined and will perform better then a drop in kit.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
The Shardon modified VB's and I suspect others use the Transgo shift kit as part of their mods. The higher stall take a lot of the harshness out of the shifts.

OP
OP
J

jasonsram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trans cooler and valve body combo unless you want to just install the Transgo kit. Like I sent ya in the PM I have the transgo kit in my truck and it works alright, the replacement VB's are machined and will perform better then a drop in kit.

wow. alot of good info in this thread already. thanks. what is the difference between the transgo kit and a valve body. sounds like valve body is better, but transgo is easier to install? both are for adding clutch holding power i assume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn